Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Dad

My Dad was a simple man. He was not the most wealthy. He was not the smartest (I only wish that Iam as smart as him).
He was a hard working man.He worked for a school district as a janitor and a bus driver. After he retired he kept a large garden and even mowed commerical lots.
Dad said"I am a jack of all trades ,but a master of none". This was wrong ,because I never found anything he could not do.He helped me with electrical ,plumbing,and even car problems many times.
All I had to do is call and he would be there any time. He was there to help anyone of us kids when we called.
Dad lived my his Masonic teachings--family-God--honesty--work and support your family.We were never rich when we grew up, but we always had what we needed.
Mom and Dad divorced when we were young.It was the best thing that ever happen to him. He met and married a great lady and even had an other child late in life.(GO DAD-GO DAD).
We lost Dad 5 years ago this month.I still miss him greatly and think of him all the time.
I hope my kids love me half as much as I loved him.He was my hero!
Dad--- I love you!

3 comments:

  1. Ethel from GrapevineMarch 31, 2010 at 3:08 PM

    What a blessing to have those memories of your Dad. He'll always be with you. P.S. I think your children feel the same way about their dad, too. Lucky them, lucky you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...I like this post Poohpa. So simply filled with love for your Dad. My Dad was my hero too; but he's been gone since I was 21. I've written several posts about him. No one will ever replace my dad in my eyes as my one true hero. Thanks for this post... ~Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss our daddy.....

    ReplyDelete