Monday, November 8, 2010

Redneck Races

This last weekend was the last race this year at Texas Motor Speedway.I enjoy the races on occasion.Once every 3 or 4 years is fine with me.Not that there is anything wrong with the races,but it is a real ass whipping to go.
To get there,only 10 miles from the house,the traffic can be tuff if you don't leave early.It moves well,but it can move slow.You take a quarter million people and put them in a small area,it can be fun.
I am the kind of person that likes to watch people.There are a bunch of weird bastards to watch.Drunks are my favorite.I love to watch them stagger and stumble, kind of like me. When they pass out is the best.In their chairs,in the back of the truck,or outside of the pisser.
You see women that show their boobs( I would never look---).
Men that puke their guts out in public.
I very seldom drink and rarely ever drink to much.This is the reason why.My Dads cousin,AJ, was a fall down drunk.I have seen all of this up close and personal.
It is hard to take when you are 8.
Till next time---Poohpa

1 comment:

  1. Ethel from GrapevineNovember 9, 2010 at 8:40 AM

    If you think it is hard now to get to TMS, just listen to my story: When TMS first opened, I wanted to go to the initial race there, so my son picked me up at my house, which is only 17 miles from the track. We spent 3 hrs(yes, that's right) getting to the track, and 3 hrs getting back home! That was 6 hours of my life I'll never get back, and the one and only time I made that trip.I agree, though: people watching is a blast!

    ReplyDelete