Thursday, May 20, 2010

Out House

When I was a kid, my Uncle A.J. lived with us. He was a drunk, but a happy drunk.He spent as much time in jail as he did with us.

My Dad was a manger of a local marina at this time . I spent many of my younger days at the lake.

The marina had no restrooms (1960's).As a kid Me, my brother, and A.J. were assigned the duty of digging the holes for the new out houses. The deed was done in just a few days.As you all know what goes in an out house(it aint pretty and does not smell well). Over the years it began to fill.
On occasion a small animal would fall in and we would shoot it to put it out of it's misery.One day a man came in and said someone had dropped a dog in the out house. We went and checked and large like a collie was swimming in the waste.
A.J. said that we could try and rope and pull it out. We found a rope and A.J. stood over the hole and roped the dog. As he was pulling the dog out my Dad backed out of the house and blocked the door with a board! We all know what a dog does when he is wet.(shake-shake-shake).You would hear A.J. cuss my Dad and beat on the door for 10 minutes,before my Dad let him out.
A.J. ran straight for the lake cussing my Dad all the way.
This was great fun for everyone except A.J.
Like is good unless you are trapped in a room with a shitty dog----Poohpa

3 comments:

  1. Ethel from GrapevineMay 21, 2010 at 1:29 PM

    You are your father's son, aren't you? Sounds like something the Big T would pull. Too bad outhouses are out of fashion. Otherwise, I could see history repeating itself! Your blog reminded me of growing up in Arkansas, where I made many visits to the old outhouse. Sure do miss it. NOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome story. never heard that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeewwwww, I am totally grossed out! It's almost 11:30 at night; but I feel such a need for a shower. Gee thanks Tee...

    This one should DEFINITELY be on your "Life Lessons" list. Eeewwwww! ~Joy

    ReplyDelete